Novartis Oncology Webcast Highlights
Novartis Webinar Highlights
On March 15, 2010, Global participated in the Novartis Oncology Office of Grants & Education (OGE) and Oncology Affairs & Patient Advocacy (OA&PA) Informational Webcast. The highlights from the webinar are listed below:
• The Novartis grant website will be shut down for maintenance April 2–4 and will re-open on April 5.
• New therapeutic areas have been added:
– Bisphosphonates – Anticancer therapeutic applications
– Breast Cancer – Emerging therapeutic agents for spectrum of disease
– mTOR inhibitors – Therapeutic Applications
– Novel Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors – Therapeutic Applications
• Grants must be received at least 60 days prior to the event start date
• If the activity is a Post Review from a major meeting/congress (e.g. Post ASH, Post ASCO, Post SABCS, etc.) your grant request must be received at least 60 days prior to the start of the major meeting / congress
• Grant requests for satellite symposia at medical congresses must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the submission deadline set by the medical congress
• When completing the Novartis budget template (which you will receive if grant passes initial review), please be as complete as possible (e.g. airfare class should be specified; honoraria section should clearly detail: roles, responsibilities, estimated time required, and hourly fees for faculty if available)
• Change of Scope During Review Process: If there has been a change in scope of the program and the grant request is still in review and no decision has been rendered, the grant request must be withdrawn and a new one must be submitted
• Change of Scope After LOA is Fully Executed: If there has been a change in scope of the program and the grant request has been approved with a fully executed LOA, any change in scope of the program (i.e. date/location) must be clearly detailed and submitted in advance to Novartis Oncology. The modified activity will then be evaluated on its own individual merit to determine acceptance of the change of scope as described or if a return of funds is warranted.
To receive a copy of the slides presented during the webinar, please send contact us here